The time I started my journey in the world of multi-rotors, the expected flight time from an entry level drone like the SG106 was about 5~7 minutes. Thanks to the improved electronic and of course of the higher capacity LIPOs, these days airborne time was tripled. Being powered by a 1600mAh LiPo battery, the SG106 drone is advertised with up to 22 minutes of flight time.
In addition to the frontal 1080P camera, the SG106 has a second camera under its belly which is used as optical flow optioning sensor.
Through the phone APP you can access smart flight modes, like gesture photo/video and trajectory flight.
SG106 drone features & specs
- Super long flight time (more than 20 minutes);
- Removable blade protectors;
- Multiple control modes (APP & RC);
- Optical flow positioning;
- Barometric air-pressure sensor;
- Headless flight mode;
- One key StartLanding;
- On-board Full HD camera w/ WiFi real-time image transmission (FPV);
- Gesture photo and recording function;
- About 100 meters control distance.
Price, availability & variants
The SG106 was announced in two color variants. You can opt between white and black colors. As winter is here, and everything should be covered by snow, for a better visibility I suggest you to go with the black version.
You can opt to purchase the SG106 drone in bundle with 1, 2 or 3 flight batteries. At Banggood, you can find it with one LIPO for only $49.99!
Included accessories with the SG106 quadcopter:
- Remote controller w/ phone holder;
- 3.7V/1600mAh flight battery;
- USB Charging Cable;
- 2 pairs of pare propellers
- 1 set of blade protectors;
- 2 pieces of landing gears;
- User Manual.